Sunday 12 January 2014

REVIEW || Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure

Hi everyone, today I would like to share my thoughts on some nail polish that arrived for me in the mail compliments of Influenster.

I can say that I've already been in love with Sally Hansen from a while back, as I already had purchased one of these polishes in a different colour. I'm particularly tough on my nails so nail polish doesn't really last on me. Plus I hate all the steps I need to do in and around actually putting the colour on my nails. Apparently Sally Hansen's got the one-stop-solution for this.

Let's start with the packaging. The bottle is significantly fatter than its drugstore counterparts. It feels comfortable in the hand and even has some weight to it which I love. I don't feel like a slight nudge of my hand by accident will send this thing tumbling across the table. The only bad thing I can say about the bottle is that these things are crazy hard to open. Both my boyfriend and I were straining to crack all three bottles and I remember my other polish having the same issue. I've never had this problem with other brand polishes and by the time I get it open my fingers are hurting and I'm turned off from even doing my nails in the first place. I understand the concept of protecting the product but it shouldn't be this hard!


Putting that aside, the colours I received are very pretty! I have shades 540 Jade,  470 Red Me Lips, and 510 Pat on the Black. Jaded looked like a robin egg blue in the bottle but actually appears a little more green on my nails. Red My Lips is your standard red, a staple in any polish collection. Pat on the Black is actually a really deep eggplant purple, which doesn't seem to be showing up in the photos.

These formulas are also supposed to be an all-in-one in that you shouldn't need a base or top coat to use them. In all there's apparently seven benefits in each bottle. I don't know how the long-term benefits like strengthening is going so far, but the chip resistant element has been doing okay so far. Since these are supposed to include base and top coat, I've refrained from using them too which has shortened the time needed to actually do a manicure.


The application of these polishes is crazy comfortable and easy. This is mostly thanks to the brush which is a little fatter than most polishes with a curved end. I only need one or two strokes for the colour to be evenly applied to each nail. For someone who is always making a mess on her opposite hand too, this is one of the first times I've had a perfect application without any need for cleanup!


I tried the lighter colour first, as that is where I usually gets problems with streaking. It took two coats for a fairly opaque colour. Drying time was good as well. I'd recommend this polish for travel since you don't need to worry about bringing multiple bottles and it's pretty fuss-free.

Please pardon the dry cuticles.
In all, I really love these polishes! Just wish I could open them....
I received these products for reviewing purposes only and any opinions expressed within this post regarding the product are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I really love reading your blogs, I'll give the polish a try, I mostly like to paint my toenails, I hope it works for that too?

    ReplyDelete